Football season is here. Whether your passions are with your high school, college, the Broncos, or favorite fantasy football team (or even if you’re just along for the ride for the sake of a good burger), a lack of safety precaution can make your game watching experience miserable. Check out these football season safety tips from Attaboy Electric!
Football Season Safety Tips at Home
- Keep electrical appliances away from the sink – This is one bit of advice that we all learned in childhood (hopefully), but it’s so easy to forget when you’re trying to watch the game, man the grill, and listen to that Spotify playlist, it’s easy to lose track. Don’t put yourself in that position where your distraction gets the better of you. Keep your electrical appliances separated from water from kickoff to the final whistle.
- Protect your flat screen –Between our giant TVs, computers, phone chargers, lamps, fans and everything else, we’re pumping more electricity than ever, especially on game day. This leaves our valued appliances vulnerable to power surges. Protect your valued electronics with a surge protector.
- Don’t let the smoke get in your eyes – So much electricity, so much food on the grill, so much potential for things to go up in flames. Don’t let that happen to you. Check the batteries in your smoke alarm today and remember to check them once a month, every month.
- Watch those burgers – We know, we know. Your team’s in the red zone, trailing by four, late in the 4th quarter. You have to see what happens, right? But not if you have food cooking. Stay in the kitchen (or the backyard if you’re grilling) until the food is ready, the burners are off, and the fire is out.
- Watch your cords – Do not place electrical cords in high traffic areas, and never plug an extension cord into another extension cord!
Football Season Safety Tips at the Tailgate
- Space heaters are a life saver during late season games up here in the mile-high city of Denver and surrounding towns. But make sure to keep space heaters at least three feet away from all flammable materials.
- While you’re inside the stadium, windy parking lots can introduce signs and banners and combustibles to your grill. Make sure the coals are extinguished in your gas grill.
- Watch your trash. It’s the right thing to do and it lessens hazards for other drivers.
- Burgers, dogs, and chicken are game day staples, but without refrigeration they’re at risk for bacteria. Make sure you have ample cooler space and ice. Watch food temperatures.
Whether at home or at the game, designate a driver! Stay safe and remember to plan accordingly if you or a friend is going to drink.
Attaboy Electric is Littleton, Lone Tree, Denver and other nearby towns’ expert master electrician troubleshooter. We’re here for your family and all of your electrical repair needs! Call an Attaboy Electrician if you’re experiencing any electrical issues so that the only power problems during the big game is the other team’s offensive line. Football season safety tips are not just about the game, it’s about ensuring you and your loved ones have a safe experience.
Attaboy Electrician Services Littleton serves the Denver metro area with superior quality and reliable residential electrician services. Our certified technicians and Master Electricians provide professional, affordable service and electrical repairs. Attaboy Electrician Services does home rewiring, electrical installations including breaker panels, electrical panel repairs, lighting installation services, and appliance installations. Call us today at (303) 288-2269 to schedule an appointment!